Friday, October 5, 2007

#9 Finding Feeds...and everything glorious


As with bloglines, newsgator has its own search feature, which can prove both eye-opening and overwhelming in terms of the number of RSS feeds available from a variety of sources.

I think in the past it has been easiest for me to go through my favorites/bookmarks and check to see which of those sites have RSS feeds available, but the search feature through many feed readers can lead one to find both some of the most popular (as well as some incredibly unusual) feeds.
In experimenting with Feedster, Topix, Syndic8, and Technorati, I think my most favorite (and somewhat surprisingly) is Syndic8. Although it doesn't look as "pretty" or flashy as some of the others, I found it was the most easy to use, the most clearly organized, and an over-all great resource for searching. I felt with some of the others (Topix in particular), I got a little distracted from my task of searching for feeds...and just starting searching at random. Oh well...it was fun for a while.

No comments: