Tuesday, October 2, 2007

#8: Feeds...mawhahahahaha...

I've been an RSS feed subscriber for almost two years now (with newsgator). At first I went a little crazy for it (subscribing to dozens of feeds) and I have since scaled back to a more manageable number (twenty or so). At the time I just kept thinking "Oh! The Kremlin has an English-language RSS feed...what are they saying, I wonder?"...or..."Wow! The White House Press Office has an RSS feed...I need to see this!" Now I realize that I didn't have time to be reading hundreds of articles each day before...so why should using the RSS reader change that...hmmm...

Since I got more used to it, I find it is a much easier way for me to go through news, to get updates on what my favorite bloggers are saying, what the Librarian's Internet Index has just added, what Netflix is recommending to me today, and what the "nerds" over at Slashdot find exciting. With newsgator I can save clippings (which I didn't have the option of doing before when I was just going to several websites each day) and the one-stop shop attitude has really cleared up some of my bookmarks/favorites space in my browser.

No comments: