Saturday, October 20, 2007

#14 The Glitterati of Technorati

I could probably spend a little too much time on technorati searching for cool blogs (to again, spend way too much time indulging myself in), but found it to be a surprisingly interesting network through which to build and sustain communities, whether those focus on political affiliations, professional or personal interests, recreational pursuits, etc.

I thought it interesting (and somewhat perplexing) the way in which technorati determines "authority," as though having hundreds of blogs link to one individual's actually indicates that the one individual has more authority than a national, professional organization (...I won't name names...).

Hmmm...

1 comment:

LibrarianLearningLots said...

I'm glad you figured out about how authority is determined. I thought it would be something I would not agree with, and it is. I think the public could really be fooled by this - just as they are fooled by certain Internet sites. Being a librarian will require more authenticating of the veracity of blogs and Internet sites.