Sunday, November 4, 2007

#19: Web-Based Applications

Online Application: Zoho Creator

I'm using Zoho to create this message and while many of the features I understand (being relatively familiar with many separate software applications), I feel also that Zoho has some labeling and organizational issues that might interfere with an optimal use of all available features for beginners. Zoho creators, however, seem to be aware of these types of problems after some usability testing/feedback, the results of which they posted to their information blog:
  • Accessibility (some features buried deep into modules)
  • Navigation ( unable to reach a screen or module quickly)
  • Too many clicks
  • Complex screens, etc
While I think that this can be an incredibly powerful tool, the interface and some other hindrances to usability will need to be corrected or accommodated before I can see it really taking off.

No comments: