Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Pot Luck #56: TXT U L8R - Texting

I text message regularly and made use of text messaging during Hurricane Ike, as well as just on a day-by-day basis. Mostly I text my husband and friends (I have sent picture messages of our new puppy to relatives that live far away...did you know that iphones don't send and receive picture messages?...I mean, what's even the point?); sometimes I just need to send my husband a reminder "pick up milk" or "we need dog food" or "did you feed Lilly her vitamin" because we'll just miss each other coming and going from home (and he doesn't listen to his voice messages, but will see a text). I don't use much text lingo, though. I don't know if it is my irritation with poor grammar or because I'm an old fart or what, but I just don't really like many of the abbreviations. I'll use them when necessary, but rarely do I send anything more than a few words....so what's the point of abbreviations?

No comments: